- To manage the procurement process and provide the company with a competitive advantage in all markets in which it operates, enabling the company to realize its growth and profitability targets.
- To formulate and drive a consistent approach towards sourcing, purchasing and tendering activity within the business, ultimately ensuring that value for money is maximized and cost savings are generated.
- Key success measurement is the ability to demonstrate annual cost savings via commercial, negotiation and strategic initiatives
- Prepares Project Costing Sheet for local material and ensures it meets the set budget
- Supervises the Procurement Coordinator’s work
- Researches the local market for various suppliers to ensure competitive prices for the materials to be procured
- Keeps a good database of all local suppliers with their respective prices and payment terms
- Prepares and submits a weekly Procurement Report to the Procurement & Logistics Manager
- Coordinates with the various sections of the company to attend to all their purchasing needs
- Issues all Purchase Orders while liaising with the Accounts and other sections to ensure a smooth payment process
- Issues all GRNs and Delivery Notes to the Logistics section in order to keep an accurate stock
OH&S/QMS Role and Responsibilities
- Ensures that all OH&S/QMS procedures are regularly monitored and followed
- 4-6 years experience in similar field
- BSc. in Purchasing & Supply
- Affiliate Member of a Professional Body