The key objective is to plan, develop, purchase, package and deliver products and services for Hala Abu Dhabi programs including accommodation, transportation, tours, safaris, activities and events. These programs will be signature product ranges for Hala Abu Dhabi and will be a differentiated product by market segment to support competitive growth of the unit. To achieve this you will be required to research, analyze and conduct competitor benchmarking to ensure that the Hala Abu Dhabi range is profitable and meets international quality and safety standards.
- Develop the 12 month contracting plan and research, analyze and review the product development requirements for the designated region. Identify products and services which match the marketing strategy, target customer groups and the requirements from the key markets on the Etihad network. Develop the product plan and implement and manage the on going development
- Source and contract over 100 products and services and 300 additional value added World Deals agreements throughout the year including hotels, resorts, apartments, hire cars, transportation and other touring options for the main catalogue and 12 World Deals programs. Accountabilities will include competitive rates, inventory and allotments, quality and service maintenance and product range.
- Develop Hala Abu Dhabi signature range of products based on the SEE philosophy and values of the unit. Ensure a differentiated range of DMC product purchaseable only through direct contracting with Hala Abu Dhabi
- Ongoing benchmarking against local competitors and global providers to ensure that Hala Abu Dhabi can deliver best of breed range for low cost, mid- range and high end markets. Statistical analysis and product performance to ensure increased profitability of the range with recommendation to Senior Manager Hala Abu Dhabi for in-house vs. outsourced suppliers
- Manage insurance and safety standards to adhere to Etihad Airways governance and international compliance to Tour Operator requirements in all contracting negotiations
Act as Brand Ambassador and assist in the promotion of Hala Abu Dhabi product through attendance at roadshows and tradeshows where required. Support Business Development team by developing innovative product to secure new accounts
- Manage the Product Contracting officers and ensure all agreements are delivered to operations in a timely and accurate manner in line with plan
- Tertiary level education is required
- Post holder must have at least 5 years product development, negotiation and contracting experience at a managerial level in a large wholesale tour operation with successful track record in delivering wholesale tour programs
- High level of negotiation and contracting skills
- High level understanding of all aspects of international tour operating
- Comprehensive regional/product knowledge of the UAE and GCC in particular
- Sound understanding of margins and profit drivers for a wholesale tour operation
- High degree of computer literacy
- Spoken & written English; Arabic a major advantage