- To develop and implement marketing strategies, goals and operational plans to maximize top line and product performance for the company's Oncology- new portfolio range of products.
Delivery of sales targets:
- Delivery of set sales budgets for new portfolio, in synergy with current portfolio
- Monitor business performance and external environment via appropriate tools to deliver on business objectives.
- Accurate management of budgets for brand.
- Creates and delivers operational plans appropriate to life cycle of brand to optimise return for the organisation.
- Full accountability for brand and delivery of all programmes related to it.
- Acts as brand champion to create enthusiasm and focus internally and with external customers and agencies.
- Devise and implement product strategies that will achieve optimal long-term performance across the channel portfolio in terms of market share and product performance.
- Manage the Integrated Product Strategy (IPS), and annual marketing/operational planning and budgeting processes.
- Identify critical success factors and develop well thought out marketing programmes core to addressing critical success factors.
- To ensure plans/strategies accommodate the changes taking place in the market and respond to customer/patient needs.
- To be fully conversant with the customer, market place, key dynamics, and policies in the market, in addition to have up-to-date knowledge of key competitors, their competitive argumentation, and their likely strategies.
- To work with various functions to ensure the organisation’s capability is in line with long-term portfolio strategy.
- Be involved in Launch Readiness Review (LRR) and actions to prepare pipe-line products for launch.
- Develop marketing and promotional material and resources to support the Franchise
- To ensure that all marketing/promotional material is NP4 approved before use or issuance in the field, and manage the internal NP4 approval process.
- To manage advertising and creative agencies to ensure optimal advertising and promotional activities/materials to support the Franchise.
Ethics, Integrity and Compliance:
- Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same
- Informs local Pharmacovigilance Operations and/or Medical Departments without delay of any adverse event information or new data on products which they receive
- Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
Key performance indicators/ Measures of success:
- Deliver sales budgets of new portfolio, in synergy with current portfolio
- Manage and optimize relationships with all relevant external agencies and patient (and other) groups through development of effective relationships.
- Full financial accountability of Advertising and Promotion budgets
- Full understanding and use of key market research approaches and giving recommendations and acting on results that create positive business outcome.
- Deliver operational plans on time and to a high standard.
- Build and develop strategic forecasting to optimize business opportunity
- Launch and life cycle management
- Financial responsibility: Contributes to overall sales & marketing targets budget responsibility for marketing assignments
- Based in: Lagos, Nigeria
- University degree in Science and /or degree in Business Marketing
- 5-10 years sales and marketing experience within pharmaceutical industry, inclusive 3 years in product or brand management position; experience in oncology/specialty brands an added advantage
- Experience in multiple countries within Africa
- Knowledge of Pharma industry and its changing environment
- Strategic thinker with strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Sensitive to the pharmaceutical market and strong analytical skills.
- Able to travel regionally and internationally
- English (French will be an added advantage).