· Develops the long-term product line strategy and leads the development of product introduction plans.
· Develops and presents the business case for product line improvements.
· Defines and adopts, in the target market, competition with the use of market research and competitive analysis capabilities.
· Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products.
· Presents marketing deliverables for new product introduction functional review and to the change management review group for current product changes.
· Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relation to the product range.
· Leads management of the product lifecycle; acts as the Voice of the Product to both internal and external.
· Leads improvement of customer satisfaction and solves on-going customer issues in relation to the product range.
· Engages with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
· Recommends marketing process changes that will improve VPI and VPC.
· Coaches and motivates Associate Product Managers; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
· Managing Profitability - Understanding of the relative contributions of the multiple product lines as well as the ability to develop and execute a product management plan that maximizes profitability of each product line.
· Market Analysis - Familiar with the primary competition in the market. Aware of regulatory, political, and other environmental pressures currently at work in the market(s) of interest.
· Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer. Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits.
College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical or related subject required.