Manage the entire travel product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. Conduct margin analysis, industry/market research, and in-life performance measurement to determine travel products demand, positioning, viability, and profitability.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the travel products
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon the business requirements and objectives of each product.
- Liaise with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules, often one year in advance.
- Conduct research about new destinations in order to gain information on issues and amenities of interest to consumers.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in merchandising the travel products, such as airport pick up, accommodation, packaged or specialized tours, or vacation packages.
- Keep up to date with any changes in the existing products.
- Constantly carry out research to understand customer travel partner and popular travel locations.
- Identify and present innovative and creative travel product solutions.
- Specify market requirements for current and future travel products by conducting market research supported by research of customers and non-customers.
- Must be able to offer specialist, professional and competitive travel product, which includes online bookings and tailor-made trips.
- Pre-empts potential problems and provides effective solutions in reaction to the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes developed to support a new travel product.
- Manage the existing products and services and improvise business strategies to bring about developmental changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field.
- Knowledge of travel
- Knowledge of the tourism industry
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry
- Entrepreneurial and commercial
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Learning and researching
- Applying expertise and technology
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Planning and organizing
- Creating and innovating
- Writing and Reporting
- Working with people
- Adapting and responding to change