- The Brand Specialist is required for the Marketing Department.
- The office holder will report directly to the Head of Marketing and will be responsible for overseeing and managing different aspects of the marketing cycle specifically relating to product branding & packaging, campaign communications, pricing and promotion management.
- Serve as the point-person for developing, implementing and executing marketing initiatives and activities for the organizations brand.
- These initiatives and activities include product branding, campaigns (print, web, social media, broadcast, etc.), events, corporate responsibility programs, marketing and sponsorships.
- Develop and institutionalize brand assets and enforce established standards.
- Ensure that the products & services resonate with current and potential customers.
- Execute marketing campaigns; in charge of managing and developing P&L and driving market growth.
- Responsible for sending out the right image thereby creating a lasting impression among consumers; improve product sales and market share.
- Oversee channel usage campaigns for retail outlet (shop and kiosk) merchandizing.
- Take the lead on customer acquisition projects and continuous improvement of the current. pricing portfolio.
- Plan and implement the use of targeted media to engage and convert different target audiences.
- Monitor market trends; carry out consumer research and oversee advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered for the organisations products and services.
- Identify areas which to invest, based on consumer needs and spending habits; looking at the pricing of products and analysing the potential profitability.
- Generate names for new and existing products and services, coming up with ideas for new packaging designs, including shape, size, colours, fonts and imagery.
- Oversee the production of TV adverts, newspaper and magazine advertisements, direct mail packs, email campaigns, websites, exhibition stands, road shows and liaising with art designers, copywriters, media buyers and printers.
- Develop brand standards and usage guidelines; check marketing copy from time to time.
- Supervise the signoff of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions through focus groups and market research.
- Co-ordinate the launch programme to external customers as well as employees.
- Create strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Conceptualize strategic initiatives and implement details of a campaign.
- Execute strategies with cross-functional teams.
- Manage external marketing partners such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms and production companies.
- Supervise brand content and manage access to brand assets.
- Track consumer and market insights by reviewing metrics such as sales volume, market share, profit projections, pricing and distribution, and by conducting consumer research
- Analyze sales data to update a brand or category portfolio, determine new products and delete underperforming products.
- Work closely with departments such as customer service and sales to consult on package and product as it relates to branding.
- Write reports, specifications and creative briefs
- The successful candidate must have a first degree in Social Sciences, Marketing or other related fields, a second degree (masters or MBA) and professional membership will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have at least 4 - 6 years' experience in the above capacity, preferably in a communications firm, corporate communications/ brand units of recognized FMCG, Banking institution, telecommunications or any other organisation with identified strong brand.
- S/he must display good negotiation skills, possess excellent customer service skills, organisational & methodical skills, strong brand management capabilities, strong research and analytical skills, in-depth understanding of the company’s current products and future concepts, very good listening skills, ability to think creatively and innovatively, budget-management skills and proficiency, Professional judgment and discretion, analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and future challenges, familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, etc.