- To monitor closely the efficiency and effectiveness of field laboratories.
- Provide updated laboratory procedures
- Receive and analyse daily report from the fields ie sand measurement, crude and water analysis
- Interface daily with Purchasing and Logistics on the maintenance of min-max levels for the fields.Raise Proactis requests as and when required
- Monitor and keep a checklist of the stock of chemical injection pump, spares and reporting the stock status on weekly basis
- Collate water injection treatment reports and monitor treatment performance
- Implementation of chemical related programmes e.g Chemical treatment during pigging activity, scale capsule application, injectivity improvement of water injectors
- To participate actively in field trials thus ensuring that optimum chemical rates are being used in the fields.
- Frequently visit the field to ensure that standard procedures are being followed in all laboratory tests and measurements.
- To raise the awareness of staff to the need for correct application of various chemicals and maintain MSDS of chemical products on locations
- Carry out onsite field analysis and checks on scaling tendencies, corrosion rates, plugging index, and level of bacteria activity.
- Liaise with external laboratory for confirmatory tests on crude assay, gas, water grain distribution analysis. etc
- B.Sc Applied Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry, with at least 3 years in a similar position with an operating company.
- A very good knowledge of oilfield chemistry and the applications and uses of generic chemicals
- A good understanding of the relevant codes and standards and MSDS is a prerequisite.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential, for dealing with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles, as well as being able to fit in as a team player.