Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A person in position of a Production Maintenance Manager is accountable for keeping the production output optimized and maintaining seamless functioning of all equipments and machinery in a unit. An individual for this role requires having administrative as well as organizational capabilities and leading a team of subordinates for conducting maintenance activities. This job usually pertains to a manufacturing unit, production house or factory facilities.
- Ensuring that there are no breakdowns or disruptions in the production processes.
- Conducting regular inspection and maintenance of all the machinery in the facility.
- Leading a team of subordinates and assigning work areas to them.
- Ensuring that all safety norms and regulations are adhered to.
- Testing the machinery to ensure that the same is seamlessly working.
- Planning maintenance and service activities in a way that the process of production does not get hampered.
- Ensuring that the machinery and equipments are being used to full capacity and that production is optimum.
- Keeping a record of all service, maintenance and refurbishing works carried out on the machinery.
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in mechanical engineering or any other related field of study with about 2 to 3 years experience of working as a maintenance manager
- Should have excellent written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Should possess good organizational and administrative skills.