To act as a front line leader for all production related and Health and Safety issues. To act as a deputy to the Production Manager of the department and ensure their relevant production area is run efficiently and safely in the Production Managers absence. To ensure that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for design specifications, quality, productivity, on-time deliveries, environmental and safety requirements.
- Instructing, controlling and allocating work load evenly and fairly throughout the department on a daily basis
- To manage all personnel issues within the production team including disciplinaries, Performance Management review, recruitment etc.
- Proactively, identify and manage all front line production issues as and when they occur and to raise serious issues to the relevant Production Manager
- Stand in for the department’s Production Manager as and when required when he/she is absent and to assist the department’s Production Manager when requested
- Attend any planning or quality meetings as and when required
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and Environmental conformance
- Undertake Health & Safety tours or inspections and take action where deficiencies are observed
- Undertake site tours for Customers and other Siemens representatives as required
- To identify and raise any personnel issues to the Production Manager as they occur
- Actively promote and champion Continuous Improvement, Lean, Visual Management, 3i suggestion scheme, 5S, Zero Harm (H&S) and other Siemens based initiatives
- To develop Siemens values of Innovation, Responsibility and Excellence
- To monitor and co-ordinate all mechanical and electrical assemblies and tests for:
- Assembly of engineer-to-order and/or standard products to specification complete for inspection including the testing of equipment to ensure quality standards are met.
- Assemble non-standard units including large skids and kiosks; this can be to drawings or by discussion with the project engineer responsible with complete inspection for more complex skids/kiosk designs including the testing of equipment to ensure quality standards are met.
- To wire to company standards above equipment and to certify the safety and qualify standards of all manufactured items.
- To mechanically assemble company standard products unsupervised to company quality standards.
- To minimize costs/inventory/waste and production build times
- Ensure work is of high quality, and is completed to deadlines, and documented in compliance with the company's (ISO 9001) quality standards / ISO14001 Environmental Standards / ISO18001 H&S Standards.
- To maintain production areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- To carry out all work as instructed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Collect, distribute and file drawings and parts lists issued for production.
- Maintain production area in a clean and tidy condition. Monitor condition of building and equipment and highlight maintenance when required.
- Actively promote Health and Safety ensuring that all personnel use personal protective equipment provided and report any potential hazards
- Be single point of contact for and DO, engineering or procurement queries.
- Highlight training requirements for shop floor staff.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering and fitting (advanced)
- Knowledge of electronic engineering and fitting (beginner)
- A good standard of mig, tig welding (advanced)
- To be able to interpret a bill of materials (advanced)
- The ab
ility to fabricate plastic (solvent welding) and fibreglass pipe work (advanced)
- To be able to measure/make support brackets for pipe and fittings (advanced)
- To be able to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering diagrams/flow diagrams and general arrangement drawings (advanced) for manufacture