Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A production manager is involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of production management involves dealing with people, particularly those who work in your team.
1. Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
2. Ensuring that the production is cost effective;
3. Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
4. Working out the human and material resources needed;
5. Drafting a timescale for the job;
6. Estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
7. Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
8. Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
9. Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
10. Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
11. Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
12. Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
13. Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
14. Reviewing worker performance.
Minimum of HND/BSc