Supervise, co-ordinate and daily schedule the activities of workers and temp workers to ensure orders can be completed meeting customers & inter departmental requirements.
· Conduct and document daily workplace walks; inspect product quality; observe for unsafe acts and unsafe conditions; and resolve workers and safety concerns and problems Manage and develop production employees to achieve established goals of safety, environmental performance, production volume, quality, service, and cost.
· Ensure production employees are properly oriented and trained.
· Develop and implement continuous improvement within departmental employees' performance through regular feedback, coaching and training.
· Liaisons with third party contractors and suppliers to meet Plant equipment and/or repair needs.
· Review, analyze and make recommendations regarding safety, environmental performance, quality, expenses, productivity, and customer feedback.
· Report all accidents/incidents promptly, conduct investigation & act on recommendations.
· Work with department members on scheduling production, labor, maintenance and project work in their respective operating areas.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Previous production or manufacturing engineering experience preferred
- Prior Lean environment experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the expectations associated with leading a production team
- Project Management, Continuous Improvement Methodologies (Preferred), Lean (Preferred), Six Sigma (Preferred), Good Documentation Practices.
- Passion and track record of achieving results
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Exposure to maintenance of oil and gas facilities.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, make sound business decisions, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in standard business software such as the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)