Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Builders oversee, coordinate and work on the construction or repair of homes and other buildings. In addition to undertaking some of the works personally, some Builders also manage the entire project. This may include arranging for subcontractors to complete specific jobs, and making sure that the project meets industry and government regulations as well as the clients’ requirements.
Builders usually work outdoors in industrial conditions as part of a construction team, and may be required to operate machinery. Due to the hazardous nature of construction work, Builders must comply with strict safety regulations, including and using wearing protective equipment and ensuring the site is safe for all personnel
- Interpreting plans or organising for plans to be drawn that meet building code regulations and client specifications.
- Providing quotes or submitting tenders for building works.
- Submitting plans to local authorities for approval.
- Arranging inspections of building work.
- Organising contractors including carpenters, electricians, plumbers and painters to carry out building tasks.
- Undertaking some building work personally.
- Calculating quantities and costs and sourcing of building materials and labour.
- Supervising contractors or employees to ensure safety standards are maintained and works remain on schedule.
- Coordinating administrative tasks such as payment.