Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Responsible for designing methods and processes that deal with the extraction of oil and gas from deposits below the earth's surface. Determines drilling methods and monitors drilling and production efforts.
· Design and implement methods for extracting oil and gas from deposits.
· Research geologic formations and properties of the rock surrounding the oil and gas. Determine drilling methods.
· Determine where accessible reservoirs of hydrocarbons are located.
· Monitor and oversee drilling operations.
· Funnel oil and gas into storage tanks.
· Test samples of oil-bearing rock layers.
· Test reservoir to determine if oil or gas will flow out by itself.
· Engineer methods of returning salt water to the ground.
Design equipment to recover oil and gas.
Applicants should have a minimum of BA, BSc, PHD in any related field of study. More other qualification in any field of studies is an added advantage with working experience.