- The Project Assistant will provide logistic and administrative support to the 4Children Nigeria team to ensure project timeline and deliverables are met, in particular provide key support to the Program Director to ensure proper project implementation, achievement of targets, and communication with partners, donor and key stakeholders.
- The position with liaise with program staff with the goal of providing efficient program and administrative support thereby ensuring timely and efficient program delivery.
- Provide support in the development of project materials, reports, presentations, and webinars.
- Schedule conference calls, distribute agendas and take meeting notes, track action items, and provide key related analysis, materials, and other supporting resources.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for technical assistance projects, including development and formatting of resource materials, customization of standardized materials from templates, and posting resources to website.
- Support technical assistance projects by conducting website user set-up, data entry, data management and upload, and data quality control review processes.
- Work with other team members to ensure that project-related activities are tracked in work plans and support tracking tools.
- Ensure program information is uploaded and updated in Gateway on an ongoing basis.
- Provide input for process improvement in streamlined procedures, accurate data and high quality client service.
- Support meetings with note taking and minute development and sharing when requested.
- Build strong, positive relationships with all internal and external project stakeholders for ongoing communication, collaborative planning, and shared problem-solving.
- Support the development of annual work plan and budget activities as requested.
- Provide ongoing coordination of program staff travels plans working closely with CRS administration team, procurement and logistics teams including drivers.
- Provide human resources management functions in coordination with the human resources manager
- Based on need, the Program Assistant will perform petty cash management role for the office.
- Bachelor's degree in International Development, Public Health, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
- Minimum 2 years in providing administrative support in a similar context.
- Strong interpersonal, cross -cultural and training/mentoring skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Experience providing logistical support and general project support, such as activity tracking, task coordination, and material formatting.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Regular travel within Nigeria to provide administrative and logistical support at partner planning meetings, trainings, program review workshops and other events as required.