- Potentially work as an Executive Assistant to the Country Manager and or with senior Investment Operation Officers
- Provide primary assistance in the implementation of the unit's work program
- Exercise quality enhancement function for project and other documents by ensuring adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional guidelines
- Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness
- Participate in developing project product time lines, using appropriate software
- Identify and resolves diverse issues problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determining the appropriate application
- Draft routine correspondence, a variety of standard documents and proofread materials in English, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills
- Assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, functions etc
- Attend meetings, drafts minutes and ensures timely clearance and distribution
- Serve as an information resource on status of project products (e.g. procurement, disbursement, audit, trust fund co-financing, and legal issues) and drafts a variety of standard project-related correspondence
- Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieves, manipulates and presents data
- Coordinate extensively with other departments and liaise frequently with team members in different regions
- Act as back-up for colleagues as determined by primary supervisor
- Participate in mission field work as required
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Minimum Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- 5-7 years work experience
Essential specialized Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Thorough knowledge and advanced proficiency in office computer software
- Ability to undertake diverse and complex work assignments with minimal supervision
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in advanced functions of standard technology packages.
- Good knowledge of and demonstrated experience in specialized administrative operational support functions (e.g., database management, knowledge management, task management, major event course planning, etc.) and ability to apply relevant procedures, processes and systems.
- Sound knowledge of the unit's work program
- Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area(s) of functional specialty
- Demonstrated skills in retrieving, gathering and obtaining information from various sources (Internet, etc.) and pulling them together in a usable format
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures.
- Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve office support work and effectiveness of unit team
- Strong inter-personal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to prepare presentation materials using various software packages with minimum guidance.
- Ability to provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.) as required
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.