This position will be a support function to SFCG’s program in Nigeria.
The position will be responsible for programmatic and administrative support, including program reporting, logistics, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
The position will work closely with SFCG’s Project Manager, Senior Finance Staff, and DM&E personnel, as well as national partners. In addition to capturing results and contributing to program implementation, the position will require representing SFCG with partners and externally.
The position holder will be supervised by the Project Manager, and will work regularly with SFCG’s Africa Team.
The incumbent will travel for approximately 25% of his or her time.
• Support reporting mechanisms on programming in Plateau State.
• Support sound monitoring mechanisms in coordination with the DME Coordinator and Program staff.
• Work with the Project Manager and Country Director to support the production of donor reports, ensuring results-oriented focus and quality reporting.
• Assist the Project Manager and DME Coordinator in developing and executing, and monitoring project workplans for SFCG and partner activities.
• Support the development of complementary programs, including program design and proposal-writing, as required.
• Represent SFCG with partners, donors, the Nigerian Government and other stakeholders as requested.
• Work to assist in the logistical and administrative coordination of SFCG’s projects in the Niger Delta as required.
• Conduct activities aimed at strengthening relationships with national partners and stakeholder groups.
• Provide content material for updating the project websites, as well as regular program updates, newsletters, and other SFCG literature.
• Attend representational meetings such as NGO coordination, etc.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in the social sciences, conflict resolution, international development, African Studies, or a related field; Masters’ degree preferred.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in conflict resolution, peace-building, development and/or media.
• Excellent English writing skills, including experience producing proposals, reports, newsletters, and other informational documents.
• Experience in coordination, administration, logistics and operational support.
• Good understanding of budgeting and other financial procedures.
• Experience working outside of country of origin preferred.
• Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural team.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and coordinate and compile information from various sources.
• Willingness to regularly travel on short notice around the sub-region.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and show initiative.
• Flexibility and good humor
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience, with excellent benefits