Recruitment Notice: N° 006/12/2015/ALCO/SE/UPM
Location: Cotonou (Benin)
Contract duration: Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date: February 1, 2016
Supervision: ALCO Executive Secretary
Background and Justification
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to 2018.
Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting a Program Coordinator who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin.
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary, the Program Coordinator will carry out the following duties:
- Plan on regular basis in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation department activities to be implemented within GF project.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the planned activities.
- Prepare and supervise the project activities missions and the drafting of their report.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of all activities of Global Fund project and report to the Executive Secretary.
- Coordinate the preparation of PU and PUDR and submit them within deadlines to Global Fund.
- Prepare in collaboration with the accounting and Monitoring Evaluation departments, budget reviews to be submitted to Global Fund.
- Prepare and supervise data verification missions conducted by LFA.
- Hold regular meetings with the Executive Secretary on the implementation of GF project.
- Hold regular meetings with the staff of Global Fund project as well as implementing organizations.
- Coordinate the health team activities in view of facilitating the synergy and complementarity in the implementation of activities.
- Develop various projects to be submitted to Donors, in collaboration with the experts of the health Pool.
- Supervise the staff of ALCO health team.
- Be able to serve as the technical interface with Global Fund and other partners in the field of health.
- Ensure any other duty requested by the Management.