- The Program/Grant Manager will be part of a highly efficient and motivated team.
- He/she will be primarily responsible for sourcing project grants and also work with our consultant, special Adviser on humanitarian issues.
- The incumbent will identify, define, and develop funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities.
- The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting disaster and humanitarian issues.
- He/she responsibility shall include international and grants application, corporate and foundation development, technical assistant to special adviser on humanitarian issues and policy analysis.
In particular, the responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring the Program Management Cycle is implemented in program activities.
- Management of projects and programs.
- Representing the Foundation with external partners.
- Developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
- Creating and maintaining monitoring and evaluation plans for projects and programs.
- Generating proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Design and preparation of fund-raising proposals and grants application.
- Webinar Meetings of active and potential funders, etc
- Conduct research, policy analysis and advocacy on the thematic areas of the Foundation.
- Facilitate grants ‘kick off’ meetings.
- Preparation of reports to donor agencies and report for the Company Annual report.
- Organize events, conferences, workshops and seminars based on agreed outlook and scope.
- Ensure timely completion of training programmes according to work plan
- Network with other organizations involving in both internal and external as identified
- Undertaking capacity building in the team
- Writing reports according to established schedule and donor requirements.
- Developing communication material (newsletters, annual reports, etc.) for distribution to donors and other stakeholders.
- High level report and proposal writing
- Developing the annual strategy with the Chief Executive Officer and Management.
- Developing a fundraising strategy for the organization.
- Conducting mapping of institutional donors and foundations (EU, UN, USAID, DFID, etc), highlighting common priorities.
- Investigating and spearheading new avenues for individual support and/or donations.
- Developing a donor management tool where reports and history of donors can be easily tracked.
- As a Program Manager, you will oversee the coordination and administration of programs assigned to you.
- You will develop and expand initiatives to support the strategic direction of the foundation.
- Plan the delivery of the Company programs and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the foundation.
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of all our programs and projects.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support these programs.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for our programs and to solicit input to improve the program
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- For every program to be executed, you will identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Create a good communication and support system between the foundation and board of trustees.
- As the program coordinator, you will be expected to behave ethically so as to ensure that your behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with the values of the Foundation. Also you will establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the foundation.
Education and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree and Upper credit in Marketing, social development, public relations or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a grant or program manager in a non for profit organization.
- Marketing in the banking sector can be an added advantage.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in a non for profit organization
- Analytical - synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complete tasks, designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others. Able to also analyze conflict emerging t every point in time and vast knowledge of current situations and happenings and developmental issues.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- The ideal candidate should be outgoing, confident, persuasive communicators and have excellent writing skills.
- Excellent financial analysis skills
- Must be able to give effective presentations
- Must be able to use the Microsoft suite effectively
- Excellent Marketing Skills.