Translate fraud monitoring rules from standard business language into syntax and format required by internal rules decisioning platform. Analyzes authorization and fraud data and translates into business rules to optimize performance of MasterCard’s Risk Monitoring network solutions, specializing within the APMEA region. Manages and maintains rules supporting network level fraud solutions for multiple customer segments to ensure the effectiveness of a safety net solution and respond to existing and emerging network threats. Monitor overall rule performance of network level fraud solutions deployed regionally, including analysis of alert information. Leverage analytics tools to retrieve authorization, alert and fraud data to determine need for rule modification or creation of new rules to address emerging threats. Deliver insight and guidance for internal and external parties on service performance to ensure MasterCard provides differentiated fraud solutions. Leverage opportunities to utilize MasterCard risk solutions and strategies to differentiate the MasterCard offering and support local market processing and brand initiatives.
• Maintain principal responsibility for the identification, selection, management and enhancement of business rules, securing customer performance satisfaction related to MasterCard risk solutions.
• Analyze network and system data to identify opportunities to enhance and/or refine business rules to ensure optimal performance of network level risk management solutions
• Monitor performance of the solution and individual customers as needed.
• Leverage cross-functional teams, systems, and processes as required to prioritize and/or proactively address customer performance improvement needs and measure customer satisfaction
• Providing leadership and management for the localization of MasterCard fraud detection and risk management related products.
• Identify cross selling opportunities in products and services that will result in increased revenues
• Generate ideas to enhance MasterCard’s suite of product offerings and create competitive advantage based on feedback from Product Management and customer account teams.
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance data analytics, business or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Individual should possess superior rules authoring and data analytics knowledge. Experience with financial institution risk strategies related to card products is desired.
• Expertise in authoring and analyzing fraud rules required; experience with rules authoring through Boolean logic and/or SQL is desired.
• Experience with data analytics methods and software such as SAS, TOAD, and other data mining tools.
• Experience working with large data sets.
• Experience in managing a fraud or risk management strategy team for a financial institution is preferred.
• Understanding of key business drivers and performance metrics as it relates to fraud rules/risk management.
• Project Management skills plus cards/payments industry experience is a must.
• Strong technical background is preferred.
• Individual should have superior communication and relationship building skills, including strong presentation development and delivery experience to senior management, both internally and externally.
• Ability to write and execute SQL and/or SAS queries.
• Ability to perform analysis on large data sets to identify trends and outliers.
• Ability to translate analysis into actionable business rules.
• Business acumen with the ability to provide solutions that drive positive results for the customer and MasterCard
• Ability to think and act creatively to develop and implement solutions that benefit MasterCard and Customers.
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external business partners
• Ability to effectively manage multiple functions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to deliver compelling presentations
• Ability to work collaboratively as a team player in a highly matrixed environment across functions and regions
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment