BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The Program Manager provides technical and programmatic support to the implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention activities of the Institute of Human Virology programme, including sexual prevention (HCT, Abstinence, Be faithful [AB] and Condoms and other prevention and Key Affected Population), medical prevention ( injection safety/health care waste management, community based organizations and Community Multi-Drugs Resistant Tuberculosis activities. He/she will supervise and coordinate all relevant activities for all community prevention activities through effective supervision of staff and effective project management to meet program targets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A first degree in Medicine, BSc Nursing Science, the Social Sciences or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years proven work experience, design and implementing and monitoring of HIV prevention and MDR TB Community Activities preferably in an international NGO. Possession of a post graduate degree in Public Health will be an advantage
- Knowledge of DR- TB
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Nigerian Health System and Social Networks
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Excellent English language, oral and written communication, with proficient in MS office word, excel and outlook.
- Provide sound technical guidance and programmatic support to all IHVN sites and partners to implement high quality HIV/AIDS prevention activities including sexual prevention and bio-medical prevention
- Contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of prevention services
- Build capacity and ensure delivery of high quality prevention services at all programme sites, using internationally recognized best practices
- Identify, train, monitor and evaluate community based groups in delivery of program targets
- Coordinate training of other health and non-health personnel in collaboration with IHVN departments.
- Oversee and utilize best practices in program-level delivery
- Help with development of departmental work-plan and community based groups work-plans
- Develop strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention, behavior change intervention among most at risk populations i.e. PLHIV, MARPs to reduce sexual transmission
- Work with the SI Team to develop and update HIV prevention tools, Standard Operating Procedures, and data collection, data quality audits, reporting of indicators etc.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration with the Government of Nigeria, US Government agencies, support groups of People Living with HIV, collaborating institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations/Community Based Organizations/Faith Based Organizations and other partners in the public and private sectors
- Ensure the development, supply and distribution of IEC materials
- Ensure functionality of MDR TB Treatment Supporters and the CBOs
- Provide oversight functions to all IHVN states/Regional offices on Community DR TB activities
- Participate actively in the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluation of training for general health care workers in the public sector/DOT Centers in collaboration with the STBLCOs
- Ensure relevant recording and reporting documents are available and adequately utilized
- Perform other roles as may be assigned by the HOD Community Health, Regional/States and Program Coordinator.