The Transaction Risk Management Systems (TRMS) group designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com. Not only do we protect all aspects of the Amazon shopping experience, we also deliver services to large and small merchants hosted on the Amazon platform. In addition, we evaluate new business opportunities from across the company to determine how we can minimize the risk associated with new initiatives.
· Analytics and Business Intelligence: Produce complex analyses and reports, write systems queries to gather data, perform data-mining and analysis to support programs as well as identify new metrics and opportunities for quality improvements.
· Change Management & Innovation: Develops and/or influences new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures, plans and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in complex operational environments. Develops strategies to enhance decision making.
· Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained across the organization. Strong commitment towards goals and outcomes and to ensure the completion within established time frames.
· Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) the global process owners, Site leaders, Operation managers in identifying, defining and executing various process improvement projects
· Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills, including advanced Excel/SQL/SAS skills.
· Knowledge of principles and applications of statistical methods including statistical problem solving is required.
· Relevant experience of 3+ years
· Demonstrated Leadership and Project Management experience
· Change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Ability to deliver success as an individual contributor
· Ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical community
- Experience in risk management, business process improvement, Lean/Six Sigma a strong plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in technical requirements gathering and the ability to document technical requirements is a strong plus
- Ability to work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be a big picture thinker, strategist & long-term planner
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data