- The Program Officer Applied Health and Quality will review and assess activities, or processes, that the program undertakes in order to achieve goals effectively.
- S/he is to also apply benchmarking strategies, performance measurement indicators, and financial modeling to determine the effectiveness, outcomes, risk, scalability, and measurable impact of grants.
- The person is also responsible for conducting assessment in form of evaluations which could be formative, summative, process, outcome and impact according to the program design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop program strategies, work plans and carry out ongoing quality assurance tasks to meet program objectives
- Identify and design the key indicators for program areas, to record and report physical progress against the Annual Result Framework, Program Targets and Quality Indicators
- Identify the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets. Design the format for such performance reports
- Provides direct technical assistance and mentoring to health facilities for continuous quality improvement and models for change and assist in developing continuous quality improvement teams and implementing QI activities
- Check that output data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussion forums to fill any gaps
- Facilitate communication between those carrying out field implementation and decision-makers on the number and quality of activities undertaken for each project component
- Participate in external missions and facilitate mission team members' access to analyzed information to stakeholders
- Work with the communication staff to disseminate evaluation findings and structure discussions to inform staff, board, and relevant stakeholders
- Advice IHVN Management and stakeholders on outcomes, impacts, benefits, and changes in patient care as a result of program efforts in the short, intermediate and long-term periods
- Prepare reports on operational research and program evaluation findings, as required, working closely with technical, administrative and financial staff.
- B.Sc, MD, MBBS, BMChB, B.Pharm,
- Advance degree such as MPH or equivalent is required
- At least five years working experience
- Experience working with health facilities is advantageous
- Ability to gather and analyze data, use analytical methods to draw conclusions, and prepare reports and presentations that communicate complex research and operational findings in clear language
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system is an asset.