Reports to: Program Lead Care and Support
LOCATION: Ogun, Osun, Delta, Benue, Nassarawa, Kano and FCT.
Summary/Overview: The C&S Program Officer (PO) at the central, regional or state level and to be occupied by staff with a medical and or midwifery background. The C&S PO is also expected to spend 40% of his/her time in the office and 60% on supervisory and advocacy activities.
- Assist in the development and adaptation of guidelines, tools and other relevant materials for use in the national scale up of C&S activities in IHVN-supported sites in Nigeria.
- Assist in development of program strategies, work plans and their implementation for effective operations of the hub and spoke model of scale up.
- Ensure smooth operations and coordination of C&S activities at the regional and or state offices.
- Forge and maintain strong relationship with NEPWHAN, and other PLHIV networks
- Forecast and request for C&S commodities such as care kits and ACTION meals.
- Co-ordinate, track progress, review results and address C&S challenges
- Mentor doctors, nurses, support groups, Linkage coordinators, Treatment supporters, mentor mothers to provide quality care to PLHIV.
- Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- Identify barriers to C&S and proffer solutions to these challenges.
- Assist and undertake needs assessments of new sites as required.
- Facilitate trainings sessions organized for site and community providers.
- Provide technical assistance to site and community staff through precepting, monitoring and mentoring.
- Facilitate training of health care workers at all IHVN supported sites in C&S.
- Facilitate effective linkages within thematic groups and overall community linkages.
- Report all activities to the Regional and State Managers, Program Area Lead and the Director, Community Medicine
- Adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.