- The Program Officer Health System Strengthening is to provide technical and programmatic support to necessary systems to ensure effective and efficient implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigating activities at locations where IHVN operates.
- S/he will undertake coordination, advocacy and monitoring roles related to the health system strengthening blocks through strategic engagement with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of government involved in the HIV/AIDS response.
- The Program Officer Health System Strengthening will be involved in HSS oriented operations/implementation science research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to state and local governments and relevant Ministries Departments and Agencies in the work plan development process, capacity building, planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation related to HSS.
- Support interventions to strengthen management and leadership at state and Local Government Agencies levels; track and aid state's to achieve health worker registries.
- Support strategic direction and technical guidance on issues related to leadership and governance, health financing, human resources for health, commodities and logistics, health information and service delivery.
- Work collaboratively with relevant State and LGA Officers and Management teams in the use of existing structures, information systems and tools (e.g. District Health Information System) for effective planning and performance monitoring.
- Develop implementation science/ operational research studies and outcome evaluations related to HSS activities working with the Applied Health and Quality team.
- Support participation of HSS team in Federal Ministry of Health and donor working groups.
- Represent IHVN at conferences and workshops related to health systems of relevance.
- B.Sc and/or Master Degree in the relevant discipline (Health System Management, Health Policy, Health Administration, Public Health). Medical degree- MD,MBBS, BMChB or advance degrees in Nursing and Pharmacy
- Proficient in common data analysis packages Excel, STATA, SPSS and excellent data analysis ability
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- At least 5 years working experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Nigerian Health System.