- The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Program Manager Laboratory Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement to implement all laboratory quality assurance programs across all IHVN implemented grants.
The Program Officer Laboratory (QA) shall:
- Support Dry Tube Specimen (DTS) production for HIV Quality Improvement program
- Keep inventory of necessary laboratory reagents and supplies needed for DTS production and distribution
- Keep up-to-date records of all External Quality Assessment programs across states disaggregated by assays and programs
- Keep a database of results, reports and corrective actions of participating sites in proficiency testing program
- Work with Regional Laboratory Officers to implement quality assurance program across assays and programs
- Conduct assessment of laboratories, develop work action plan and with time lines to achieve timely implementation of corrective actions
- Work with laboratories to Implement Strengthening Laboratory Management Towards Accreditation (SLMTA).
- Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of improvement projects.
- Work under the supervision of the State Manager on day to day program implementation.