Location: Zaria, Kaduna
Scheduled Work Times: Monday - Friday
Reports To: Associate Director TB, Director Clinical Laboratory Services
- The PO will work on both GF & PEPFAR funded activities in the IHVN Program.
- S/he will work with the TB team to implement the activities as contained in the GF & APU workplan.
- S/he will facilitate in TB trainings.
- S/he will activate laboratories for Smear Microscopy, GeneXpert MTB/RIF tests.
- The PO will collate reports (QRRIRF, data, monthly/quarterly narrative, mentoring and supervision).
- S/he will review QRRIRF and be involved in TB logistics.
- S/he will be involved in TB panels preparations.
- S/he will implement Quality Management System (QMS).
- S/he will liaise with the team members to ensure smooth running of the sites (microscopy, GeneXpert & TB Reference laboratories).
- S/he will perform every other duty necessary for the successful implementation of both GF & PEPFAR programs.
The Program Officer (PO) should have the following qualifications:
- Must have a Degree in Biomedical Sciences /Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN).
- Experience working with diagnostic laboratory.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diagnostic laboratory
- Experience in TB smear microscopy, GeneXpert MTB/RIF and TB Culture tests.
- Must be creative and be able to work with minimal supervision.