Overall Responsibilities: S/he has responsibility of assisting the State Program Officer coordinating IHVN Global Fund supported malaria activities in the State, ensuring that program targets are achieved within defined timelines and as outlined in the workplan.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Head of Department Community Medicine, Associate Director Care and Support, Associate Director, GF Malaria Program Coordinator and Other members of the GF team
External: National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), Community Based Organizations and other Malaria Implementing Partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Degree in Health Sciences or Basic General Nursing and Midwifery Certificate or HND Community Health is required. A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or other health related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- The Candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in public health or related field
- Knowledge and experience in malaria control and eradication
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Nigerian health system and social networks,
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills,
- Excellent English language oral and written communication, with proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Develop and assist in developing program documents, including work plans, and technical briefs for IHVN management, NMEP, The Global Fund, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of all malaria program activities by technical teams at Central and State levels, according to approved work plans and within the stipulated timelines and budget limitations.
- Attend relevant meetings with NMEP, development partners and other stakeholders at the national and state level and Malaria technical working groups.
- Ensure all members of the Community Medicine department understand Malaria program priorities and promote buy-in from team members.
- Provide technical support to IHVN State Offices on the implementation of state work plans and other activities at the State level.
- Organize and participate actively in monitoring and hands on mentoring of state and facilities' staff on key deliverables and monitor state level performance on allocated targets.
- Participate in malaria program review meetings.
- Ensure that all required reports are prepared and submitted within the expected time frame.
- Coordinate and participate actively in the planning, organizing, conducting, facilitating and evaluation of capacity building activities for IHVN staff and health care providers of implementing facilities, in collaboration with IHVN Training Department, State Officesand NMEP.
- Evaluate program achievements and use findings in facilitating improvement strategies to achieve desired targets.
- Identify research opportunities that will translate into improved quality of services and program implementation.
- Support social mobilization activities in collaboration with other partners to accelerate demand for services at the health facilities and community levels.
- Work with the State Program Officersto mitigate challenges and proffer solutions
- Perform any other role as assigned by supervisors.