Department: Programs/SMILE Project
Position Band: C-1
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
The Program Officer (OVC) will be responsible for the management and coordination of the SMILE Program sub-grants with CSOs in Edo and the southern part of Kogi State (S)he will work closely with the State Coordinators(SCs) and Monitoring/Evaluation Officers(MEOs) to ensure project targets are met and documented appropriately. (S)he will liaise closely with Finance and Compliance Specialist (FCOs) to ensure proper accountability for project funds. She/he will also provide technical assistance and training as appropriate to partners to ensure that high standards of program implementation are provided.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in development studies, public health or social sciences; Social work, or Community Development studies or related field or equivalent degree in humanities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to vulnerable children programming in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Quality improvement approaches is strongly desired.
- . The preferred candidate must be well versed in OVC programming, familiar with relevant SOPs, tools and quality related service standards within the context of the Nigerian OVC response
- S/he should be knowledgeable on NOMIS M&E package and good understanding of institutional capacity building, grant management, service delivery and proposal development.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with Civil Society Organizations and other implementing partners.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work closely with CSO partners, government agencies and commitment to network mission.
- Appreciable M&E experience will be an add advantage.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- 1Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully and to create linkages between organizations, communities and Government Agencies.
- 1Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
- 1Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
- Guidance on Accessing Job Description:
- To gain access to the job descriptions to the advertised positions, kindly click on the link provided below.