- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The State Program Officer will work with the State Senior Program Officer to provide oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of all FHI 360 Nigeria activities in the assigned state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the state office and IAs focusing on work plans, sub agreement management, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting.
- Assist in developing and overseeing execution of systems for initiation, implementation, monitoring, amendment and close out of all SIDHAS IAs’ sub agreements.
- Assist in ensuring that FHI 360 delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services).
- Assist in monitoring and enforcing compliance with donor and FHI 360 policies by the state office and IAs.
- Give support in ensuring appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Assist in guiding and supporting the state office and IAs in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Assist in Coordinating capacity development efforts in support of state and IAs’ staff and other partners.
- Give support in ensuring availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into overall program management.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the program.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.