Job Vacancy at Cordaid (Catholic Organisation For Relief & Development Aid)
- Program Development
- Project Management
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
Office Strategy Development
- Translates Cordaid’s multi-annual strategic plan into annual Cordaid office operational plans remaining within budget and strategic priorities;
- Consolidate the operational establishment of Cordaid’s new office in Port Harcourt;
- Take a lead role in the development of an innovative civil society resource centre in Port Harcourt and operationalize this in close consultation with selected local partners and the programme manager based at Cordaid HQ in the Netherlands.
Programme Design, Management and Support
- Develop short-term projects as well as longer-term collaborative programmes on extractives and community development with local and international partner organizations;
- Manage project implementation according to agreed deadlines and budget;
- Provide regular written/oral program progress updates and collaborate in providing reports to project partners;
- Track, monitor and report project activities/results, and provide quarterly updates to Programme Manager at Cordaid HQ in the Netherlands;
- Carry out other project-related tasks as required and assigned;
- Leads small team of approximately 4 people in new Cordaid office in Port Harcourt in accordance with the management style and social policy of Cordaid, focused on productivity, personal development and employee satisfaction. Ensures efficient use of resources and controls quality of work.
Networking, Representation and Business Development
- Provide thought leadership and represent Cordaid in meetings as a spokesperson and advocate on community-oriented extractives management;
- Build and maintain strategic alliances with Nigeria-based, regional and international NGO coalitions on extractives issues, such as the NACGOND and Publish What You Pay (PWYP) coalitions;
- Explore potential areas for collaboration and mobilize opportunities and resources to co-create new programs with innovative solutions;
- Translate ideas for advice and collaborative programmes in attractive technical and financial proposals and expressions of interest for bilateral, multilateral organizations and private foundations.
- Academic degree or equivalent in development, governance, conflict studies, law or related fields;
- At least 10 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in senior NGO management positions, including 3+ years’ experience working on extractives issues;
- Practical experience with providing strategic and programmatic advice on civil society capacity development, CSR, community development, and with facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes;
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent management skills including human resource and financial management, communication and intercultural cooperation skills.
- Experience in working with communities, local civil society organizations, government and extractive industry actors in conflict-affected areas in Africa, preferably Nigeria;
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time;
- Be diplomatic, culturally sensitive, result-oriented, innovative and a strong team player;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills.
Specifics of duty station
The Programme Manager will be based at Cordaid’s new office in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. You will be part of a professional and dedicated small team that works to make a difference. The Programme Manager will report to the programme manager at Cordaid HQ in The Netherlands. The position is preferably filled by a Nigerian national.