The Organization is seeking exceptional candidates to fill existing vacancies for the under-listed positions. Both positions are based in the Organisation’s office in the FCT Abuja and will require occasional travel to, and short-residencies in Lagos.
Reporting to the Deputy Director/Executive Director, this person will be responsible for the following:
- Implement existing projects to monitor integrity and independence of the judiciary in Nigeria and publicize threats to these institutional values, as well as the administration of justice of Nigeria as a whole.
- Implement and Monitor projects that have strong access to justice and human rights content.
- Develop proposals that cover conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial elements for consideration by grant making institutions.
- Conduct research and fact-finding inquiries relevant for the project’s or organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identify needs for policy changes at State and Federal levels that will positively impact the administration of Justice, ease access to justice obstacles, strengthen accountability for human right violations and undertake advocacy for the reform of, or adoption of policies to achieve the desired goals.
- Develop partnerships with funding agencies to support project activities.
- Prepare project documents for approval.
- The required candidates should be qualified attorney of at least 4 years post-call experience, with strong familiarity with the national, regional and international system for the protection of human rights, legal advocacy.
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills and a passion for the mission of the organization.