About the role
- The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within Programme support and development remits.
- The post holder will support Christian Aid’s governance programme with the objective of improving government accountability and responsiveness to the needs of poor and marginalised people.
- S/He will work within the country team with direct working relationship with the all members of the governance team for effective content management of the V2P programme as well as all other programmes like the humanitarian response, and Gender focused programs within team and by extension country office.
- S/He will identify and share stories of change, case studies that show how Christian Aid Nigeria and partners are changing lives of the poor and marginalised through its programmes.
- The role holder will write, edit, and commission a varied mix of content including case studies, interviews, blogs, photos and films in line with CA’s communication guideline and the V2P communication strategy for dissemination to show the value and impact of the Programmes.
- S/He will also be responsible for supporting Christian Aid partnerships on the governance programme including capacity building to partner organisations, enabling them create innovative communication contents that best tell the program results, and ensuring that this is in line with Christian Aid’s country strategy.
- The roles will be based in Abuja with occasional travels in country.
- The post holder must have a 1st degree in Social science or development related field, and a desirable second degree in strategic communications focused on development with at least 3 years’ experience of working with local and international partner organisations.
- You should have basic project management skills, good knowledge of working with faith and community based institutions and civil society organizations in Nigeria with a good understanding of gender-sensitive programming.
- It will be desirable for you to have a substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international/national and local agencies as well as strong writing, analytical and documentation skills.
- You are required to have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.