Salary (Full Time): ₦6,717,870
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Length of Contract: 1 Year
About the role
The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within Programme support and development remit, based in Abuja-Nigeria with frequent trips to northeast (Gombe, Adamawa and Borno) to support Christian Aid’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Nigeria. The role will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of Christian Aid’s humanitarian response, providing effective and timely support including capacity building to partner organisations, enabling them to implement the rapid, effective and principled response to emergencies, and ensuring that this is in line with Christian Aid’s country strategy.
The role will support the country programs to expand the portfolio of humanitarian programs in the country programme office, including support to relevant ACT forum in the country including working with country teams to develop ACT appeals. The role will work closely with the Senior Programme Coordinator (SPC) and the country team on humanitarian program design, implementation, fundraising and partnership development and management. The role will support CA country offices to engage in the right networks including representing CA at humanitarian sector/cluster working groups, increasing the profile of CA humanitarian and resilience work and its visibility.
The post holder must have a 1st degree in Social science or Health sciences with at least 3 years’ experience of working with local and international partner organisations. You must have at least 2 years humanitarian response experience in Cash transfer, WASH and Protection.
You should have basic project management skills, good knowledge of working with faith, community based institutions and civil society organizations in Nigeria, with a good understanding of gender-sensitive programme. You should have strong report writing, analytical and documentation skills. You are required to have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Competency Question 1: Tell us about a time when you had to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks based on mutual rapport and respect
- Competency question 2: Give us an example of a time when you communicated something complex in a way that could be easily understood by others
- Competency question 3: Tell us about a time when you had to make recommendations or take decisions after analysing data, information and other evidence.