The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions aim at ensuring compliance with UNODC as well as European Union (EU) requirements in terms of results-based management, reporting and management of evaluations in line with norms and standards. The Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation) will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Ensure the compliance of CONIG to the UNODC/EU monitoring, reporting and evaluation requirements and the effective management of development results. Ensure effective communication between CONIG and relevant UNODC Headquarters (HQ) Units regarding logical frameworks, baselines, use of performance indicators, reporting and planning of evaluations, ensuring that joint evaluations be carried out.
• Serve as a focal point and liaise as required with oversight bodies (i.e. evaluation, audit, internal oversight).
• Be responsible for monitoring and reporting activities at the CONIG level in collaboration with the Project Core Teams. Manage the preparation and timely submission of the corporate annual report of CONIG to HQ, by providing technical guidance and coordination support. Monitor quarterly results of key projects and outcomes and organize the results review meeting every quarter.
• Ensure and support Project Core Teams in organizing quarterly review meetings with partners.
• In coordination with the IEU, develop an evaluation strategy for all key activities of CONIG, including the establishment and management of baselines and monitoring systems.
• Ensure that results-based planning and management processes are well integrated into EU-funded projects, paying particular attention to human rights and gender.
• Enhance monitoring and evaluation capacities of national partners.
• Enhance efficient information management of results-based management (RBM) related documents and data through the use of databases, and other corporate tools. Prepare office monitoring database and ensure the usage of the database for the quarterly results monitoring with Project Core Teams. Ensure that all relevant monitoring documents are properly uploaded and managed in the monitoring database.