The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships for the access and delivery of appropriate agricultural technologies, for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA), through innovative partnerships and effective stewardship along the entire value chain.
AATF works towards food security and poverty reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa, and its structure and operations draw upon the best practices and resources of both the public and private sectors.
To strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, AATF seeks to recruit focused, results-oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the vacant position of
Programme Officer, Seed [ES0092]
Reporting to the Project Manager, Cowpea, the successful candidate will have responsibility for assisting with the implementation of product deployment strategies and plans for the PBR Cowpea project in order to project to facilitate efficient product delivery. He/she will also ensure regulatory compliance, as well as advise on the seed systems components of the project and its impact on delivery A key component of this role will be to support the development of strategies and plans for seed production and delivery mechanisms to target users. Key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PBR cowpea seed deployment activities, including adoption and impact in target countries.
- Create and maintain an electronic archiving system of partners and stakeholders for sustainable and effective seed deployment in target countries.
- Assist in mapping out the PBR Cowpea seed delivery systems by focusing on the dynamics, implications and suitable adjustments to seed delivery in target countries.
- Provide technical contribution to PBR Cowpea Annual Work Plans, complete with planned activities, milestones and budgets.
- Assist in drafting technical reports, project proposals including factual details regarding project progress
- A good master’s degree in the Agricultural Sciences or any other related disciplines from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in seed systems and dissemination of agricultural products. Knowledge of issues related to biosafety and regulation of genetically modified crops will be a definite advantage.
- Proven hands-on experience in coordination, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key constituents (donors, research institutions, seed companies, agro dealers, farmers, community based organisations, etc.)
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and internet, MS office, data management and analysis software is essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
An attractive, highly competitive remuneration package and a pleasant working environment await the successful candidates.
Method of Application
Send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names)
Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.