Provide expertise financial and accounting support to the Project Delivery team. Detailed knowledge of the business and goals of the Project team. Responsible for the more complex activities associated with maintaining Project Accounting Records, developing financial statements and reports.
Demonstrates advanced knowledge of all concepts, practices, and procedures. Consults with various levels of managements. Ensure compliance to all policies, laws and regulations. Viewed as an expert in accounting.
- Responsible for GAAP compliance.
- Works with PMs suggesting and advising on the best way to set up projects following the contract terms and conditions. Assures compliance with risk management processes designed to assure that new project work is properly authorized before projects are opened.
- Assure project costs represent the full measure of work performed on project.
- Leads and responsible for the month end accruals.
- Performs weekly/monthly cost analysis for the project delivery team and participates in the development /reasonableness evaluation of the project EAC.
- Responsible for revenue recognition on project.
- Responds to client audit related questions.
- Monitor and communicate collection issues to PM's.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting with at least 6 Year of Experience in Construction Companies.
- Experience with Oracle project accounting
- Expertise understanding of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Ability to understand complex terms typical of group/project and interpret actions required for accounting
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Access, Excel,)
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet development and database management
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Uses independent judgment and decision making to assist project management in all areas of project