CTL/PA/01- PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
An engineering firm located in the heart of Lagos, Ikeja, seeks the services of a project accountant; The individual will be responsible for setting up and modifying systems and structures for the accounts department, monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring project billings/cost are issued to customers and payments collected.
· Create project accounts in the accounting system and maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
· Authorize access to project accounts and establish and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
· Source for funds and manage as required.
· Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts; Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
· Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project and overhead charges to be applied to a project.
· Review account totals related to project assets and expenses and report on project profitability to management.
· Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
· Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings.
· Respond to requests for more detail from customers.
· Approve the write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
· Close out project accounts upon project completion.
· Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
· Compile information for internal and external auditors.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Candidate is required to possess a bachelor's degree in Accounting.
· Must be exposed to engineering projects, with detailed knowledge of project contracts and government regulatory issues.
· Candidate must have excellent communication and writing skills, must highly confidential, speed and accuracy, tactful, creative.
· Must be able to manage work pressure and deliver desired result.
· Candidate is required to have at seven years experience in which 4 years should be focused in project finance & accounting.
Interested candidates should send a recent copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job code and job title as subject of the mail. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.