United States Mission Nigeria
No. 2016-007 Date: May 5, 2016 Ref:
Subject: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (2 POSITIONS)
Location: ABUJA – USAID/ OFFICE OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (OFM)
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates POSITION TITLE: Project Accountant, FSN-10 OPENING DATE: May 5, 2016
CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N8,795,684 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the Project Accountant positions (2 positions) in the Office of Financial Management (OFM).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible for appraising project management personnel of project status and provides advice on project related issues and concerns. S/he interprets financial policies and procedures, reviews financial documents for management implications, provides financial support services, and assists in the formulation of program budgets.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in public or private accounting is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough Knowledge of accounting, financial analysis and budgeting procedures, and cash reconciliation is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to supervise and train Accounting Technicians.