To conduct a thorough audit of a project’s schedule and cost forecast to ensure that the project is operating as reported.
• Analyse project schedule using Primavera 6 and report on logical strength of the following:
• Analyse a project’s cost, schedule, progress and performance monitoring data to company standards and best practices on medium to large EPC projects.
Overall Project Schedule Level I
Strategic Project Schedule Level II
Project Network Level III
Schedule Basis Memorandum (SBM)
Manpower Projection Plan
Critical Equipment Lists/Schedules
Progress 'S' Curves and tabulations
Short-term look-ahead schedules
Monthly progress report including narrative
• Review planning and scheduled work on current projects to ensure that activities are effectively planned, resourced and completed.
• Conduct a robust analysis of project’s cost data and schedule and conclude if the project is reporting its current financial and schedule progress position adequately.
• Ensure that all cost categories on the project’s financial report (Engineering, procurement, construction, subcontracts etc) are reported properly by understanding and analysing the source data.
• Interviewing and discussing cost and schedule data with planning engineers, cost engineers and project controls managers on EPC projects.
• Conducting physical walkthroughs of project sites to confirm the realities on ground match with what is being reported on cost and schedule data.
• Making recommendation to the audit team and project controls team on how to improve and strengthen the controls surrounding cost reporting and schedule.
• Create continuous monitoring cost and schedule templates to be able to analyse small and medium size projects
• 7 to 10 years of experience working in planning/ project controls department.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience working for EPC oil and gas companies.
• Sound interpersonal skills, written and oral (English).
• Actively pursuing a professional designation.
• Functional PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products and progressive ability to utilize data analysis software.
• High mobility required with ability to travel 30 – 50%, domestically and internationally.
• Willingness to comply with the Company’s Business and Legal Compliance policies and the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Practices Framework.
• Other Company requirements necessary for employment with CB&I.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is the most complete energy infrastructure focused company in the world and a major provider of government services. Drawing upon more than a century of experience and the expertise of approximately 50,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
As one of the most complete providers of a wide range of services including design, engineering, construction, fabrication, maintenance and environmental services, no project is too big for CB&I. Our timely and cost-effective solutions not only satisfy our customers’ needs, but also improve the quality of life for people around the world.