- Develop Best Project Models for effective Project management for running Fibre Optics infrastructure Projects in MTN Nigeria as it relates Network Group Implementation Department.
- Maintain a sound working relationship between the project implementation team and all associated parties, within and outside MTN.
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Forecasting
- Supervision, Surveying and producing best suitable routes for implementation of Fibre infrastructure Projects.
- Reviewing of detailed Fibre designs, drawings and adding positive inputs in deployment of Fibre transmission Projects.
- Supervision of installations of fibre optic network (Fibre to site, National backbone and Metropolitan (Metro) Area Network).
- Ensure testing, commissioning and integration of fibre optic infrastructure are done according to MTN Specification and Standard.
- Providing High level support to contractors on Equipment Installations, Commissioning and Integration to MTN Transmission Network.
- Ensuring contractors adherence to MTNN’s SHE policy.
- Ensure that fibre optic Projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standard as stipulated by MTN.
- Processing and following up with Finance department to ensure timely release of Purchase Order towards payment for Permits to States and Federal Government for fibre infrastructure projects.
- Attending to Federal and States Government in resolving Right Of Way (ROW) Permits issued to MTN for Fibre Projects.
- Ensure proper archiving procedure for all completed MTN Fibre Network Projects.
- Participate and add inputs to weekly Fibre project Meetings with implementation contractors.
- Monitoring, collating, writing and submitting weekly progress report on fibre projects under implementation to Fibre Management team.
- Coordinate Final Acceptance Test and Handover of completed fibre network to Operations Unit
- Open Plan Office
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regular National travels
Experience & Training
- HND/B.Eng. /B.Sc. in Electrical &Electronics/ Communication/Civil/Mechanical Engineering.
- Trained on Transmission testing instrument and measuring tool
- Computer Appreciation and Desk Top Publishing.
- Strategic Project Management.
- Certify Fiber Optic Cable Design Specialist (CFOD/S).
- Certify Project Management professional (PMP)
- Certify Member of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- About 5 years working experience in the Telecommunication industry.
- Excellent knowledge on fibre infrastructure and External Line Plant Construction
- Good analytical and logical approach to solving problems.
- Good knowledge on Optical Transmission Technology.
- Excellent in sharing and imparting knowledge to others.
- Ability to suggest solutions to application’s problem. Work with vendors at arriving and implementing solutions identified.
- An excellent Project Manager and Team Player.
- Ability to work under pressure to produce positive results.
- High level of tolerant to issues
- PMP: Certify Project Management Professional
- Fibre Infrastructure Planning and Budgeting
- Fibre to sites, Metro and Long haul infrastructure build
- Fibre Network Planning for Metro short and Long haul
BEng, BTech, BEd or HND