KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is a leading medical Development Aid organization working in Global Tuberculosis (TB) Control. With our team of professionals including consultants, nurses and years both in the national and international context. KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is active in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa, Latin America and Asia.
KNCV in collation with CEPHEID HBDC is to provide a basis technical service package for a novel molecular test to detect tuberculosis (TB) via diagnostic technology endorsed by the World Health Organization called GeneXpert MTB/RIF. This technology is being scaled-up in the National TB program, National AIDS programs and the national laboratory networks. This is a basis service provision that includes installation, trouble-shooting and maintenance both remotely and on site where technology has been placed in Nigeria
Project Goal: KNCV aims to achieve effective and efficient use of GeneXpert NTB/RIF machines by building capacity of both the end-users as well as with National TB and National AIDS programs
Project Coordinator (Cepheid): Provide technical and programmatic support especially in the area of onsite support for installation, preventative maintenance and trouble-shooting to complement existing GeneXpert MTB/RIF roll-out for all partners with others donors. S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with others stakeholders and building of systems for programme sustainability.
Key duties and responsibilities: She/he will over 12 months period:
- Support all of the daily office operations, procurement and supply management, monitoring of project implementation and reporting. Assist and establish a management system for GeneXpert MTB/RIF installation, trouble-shooting and routine maintenance including supportive supervision of technical officers providing the basis service package (30% of time)
- Provide technical support to sites (remote and onsite) using GeneXpert MTB/RIF technology (70% of time)
- Work in conjunction with KNCV Central Office (The Hague) Project Coordinator and in-country KNCV Technical Advisor to actively seek support for solving major technical problems of GeneXpert MTB/RIF machines identified in the field directly with the in-country or remote GeneXpert MTB/RIF manufacturer (Cepheid HBDC) designee.
- Work together with the Country GeneXpert MTB/RIF Advisory Team (CGAT), the multi-stakeholder body responsible for coordinating all national GeneXpert MTB/RIF roll-out in Nigeria
- Support the development of a GeneXpert maintenance plan and logbooks at all levels
- Support in the provision of quarterly reports on basis installation, trouble-shooting and maintenance activities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
A degree in the Medical Sciences- MBBS / MB.Bch or Laboratory Sciences (an MPH would be an advantage) and a minimum of 3 years experience in TB or HIV programmes
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good working knowledge of current national and TB and HIV guidelines
- Working knowledge of program management especially USAID and WHO funded projects
- Ability to organize and coordinate training program on GeneXpert MTB/RIF
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of various programme areas
- Ability to work with discretion and minimal supervision
- Basic logistic and operational understanding of the supply chain
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work well on a team
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A contract for 12 months, with the intension to extend the contract
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self driven colleagues
- The salary is dependent on education and relevant working experience
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own International Employment Condition Scheme
- Full-time employment consists of 40 hours per week
- Initial training on GeneXpert MTB/RIF service provision