- The Project Coordinator will be embedded within the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD) in Nasarawa. S/he will report directly to the OVC Project Manager.
- Coordinate the organisational development of the SMWASD through targeting technical assistance in carrying out organisation capacity assessment of the SMWASD
- Develop capacity development package to address gaps identified in the SMWASD
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and coordination of the OVC response
- Work with the SMWASD to institute an effective monitoring and evaluation system that will feed into the national level system
- Serve as the state representative of the SMILE project
- Provide technical support to the SMWASD in developing LGA capacity to coordinate community level OVC interventions
- Work with the SMWASD to effectively manage all SMILE service providers in the state
- Ensure effective data collection of all activities implemented at the state level
- Provide timely reports to AAN on all activities of the project.
- S/he will be responsible for delivering ActionAid component of SMILE project at state level
Reporting and Accountability:
- Submit to Project Manager timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the SMILE project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of SMILE.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the state ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fund raising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Represent AAN in the state – including attending meetings on behalf of AAN
- Make presentations at professional meetings and conferences on matters related to the monitoring and evaluation of the community system strengthening components of the HSS intervention.
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager.
- Right to Health team, AAN team.&
- Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities is essential.
- Masters degree in a related field is desirable.
- At least seven (7) years post NYSC experience is essential
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector preferably in community based health work is essential
- Strong communication and writing skills is essential
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines is essential
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards is essential
- Strong oral and written communication skills is essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills is essential
- A person of integrity, creative and able to take initiative with ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment is essential.