AECOM are currently seeking an experienced Project Director to take responsibility of the overall performance of Healthcare projects, on one of our project management contracts (PMC) for our Abu Dhabi office.The role will undertake and assume accountability for the performance of various entities contracted by the project. The successful candidate will be ensuring client’s vision is achieved by managing their expectations and serving as the senior AECOM representative for the project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Client liaising and client management. Managing master plan and development design.
- Responsibility for overseeing construction delivery by major contractors.
- Leading the implementation and oversight of the AECOM safety program.
- Leading the implementation and oversight of the AECOMSustainability Vision and creating a work environment where Sustainability & Innovation Initiatives are a daily activity.
- Implementing project Vision and, taking responsibility for updating and communicating to the project team and obtaining management, support and approval.
- Accountability for the Project financial operating performance, including occupancy, operating expenses, net operating income.
- Overseeing out year planning, and all other aspects of the project both financially and technically.
- Creating a working environment where team work is a top priority, leveraging off the benefits of providing the full range of services within AECOM.
- Developing & maintaining a communications plan for all project stakeholders and regularly updating in conjunction with the project team and the client.
- Producing, updating and reporting on the overall project schedule and action.
- Communicating critical path activities that will influence key milestones.
- Ensuring critical internal milestones are incorporated into the schedule.
- Commercial understanding and administration of the project operating and legal documents.
- Production of project reports including, monthly and quarterly reports.
- A Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, plus professional Chartership status.
- Candidates are required to have 20 years plus relevant experience in total, working on major healthcare and hospitals projects and 5 years within the Middle East.