Pact seeks a program Director for the strengthening Frontline Maternal and Child Health Workers in Northeast Nigeria project. The Project capacity development support, including trainings, mentoring, coaching and coordination to civil society organizations (CSOs) and Local Government Authorities (LGA) in Adamawa and Gombe States. The project requires extensive coordination with external partners operating in the maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH) sector as well as results-based financing. The program Director is responsible for meeting the project’s technical objectives, managing financial recourses, managing program staff, maintaining good working relationships with host government officials and local partners, managing donor reporting and ensuring a high-quality delivery of services. The program Director reports to a Country Director.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in organizational development, public administration, business administration, international development, or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience in program management at senior management level is required 3-5 years in Africa and /or Nigeria preferred
- Aptitude/experience in supervising staff and the ability to mentor subordinates
- Knowledge and understanding of the health and social sector in Nigeria
- Fluency in English and working knowledge in Hausa required
- experience of working in Northern region of Nigeria will be an added advantage