- The driver will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the head driver each day.
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the administrative assistant and head driver immediately there is an accident situation, after checking that all persons involved are safe, and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean at all times. Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed.
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms.
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly Reports /Fuel Usage Report and Motor Vehicle Monthly Maintenance Report by the 5th day of each month.
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time by the administrative assistant or head driver.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves With Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Travel: Travel up to 50% of the time.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Administrative Assistant, Head Driver, Head of Administration, Head of Operations, Program staff, admin staff, finance staff.
- External: CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of the terrain and Yobe roads.
- Minimum qualification of S.S.C.E/ W.A.E.C O ’Levels.
- Minimum of four years professional experience in a similar position.
- Ability to communicate in English language and local languages in Yobe is essential.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Experience in supervising other staff.
- Ability to generate vehicle maintenance sheet (VMS) reports.
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.