• Manage, design, develop, create and maintain assigned construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
• Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
• Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
• Assess potential risks, materials and costs
• Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
• Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders regarding the Project
• Monitor progress and compile reports on project status
• Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Sends weekly project progress report to Management
Working knowledge, skills and competencies and attributes:
• Confident decision making ability.
• Ability to handle and organize a huge labour force perfectly.
• Ability to drive work on site.
• the ability to foster confidence in the workers in the diverse situations
• A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and building plans.
• Strong numeracy skills and the ability to learn design packages.
• Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people.
• Good negotiating and organisational skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers/team members.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to listen and fully understand the expectations of the clients.
• Working knowledge of use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio and Project)
• A good university degree in Building or Construction, Civil or Structural Engineering or other related field.
• A minimum of 10 years post-NYSC work experience in the construction industry would be preferred.
• Professional qualification would be an added advantage (COREN, NSE)