The development of the reservoirs is considered to be one of the major technical challenges in UAE, The field is the second largest field in the Gulf and the fourth largest field in the World.
The project aims to increase oil production from the field to 750,000 barrels per day and to sustain this level of production for at least 25 years.
• Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives and in accordance with the technical and commercial requirements of the Contract
• Takes ownership of assigned scope beginning with detailed design through final acceptance and Project closeout; drive engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning of assigned system to ensure schedule is met o Verifies that Contractor work processes are in place and procedures are followed Ensures Contractor's work follows accepted practices and conforms to Specifications
• Manages interfaces associated with assigned scope in close coordination with Interface coordinator
• Reviews key Contractor and Vendor deliverables; track PO's and resolve issues causing delays o PMT focal point for the review/approval of Vendors/Subcontractors and all changes related to the assigned work scope o Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improved performance o Monitors Contractor's performance and identifies any corrective actions
• Drives the Contractor to identify and take corrective actions; escalates performance issues when Contractor action is not forthcoming; verifies actions are taken and desired results are achieved o Ensure proper preservation measures are planned and implemented throughout execution
• Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design, fabrication and construction related to the assigned work scope is consistent with project specifications and standards
• Supports the development and administration of an Engagement Plan that anticipates required Company reviews, resolves known uncertainties and allows for additional resources to address unanticipated uncertainties o Administers Key Issues and Project Issues for assigned work scope o Oversees Engineering, Procurement and Construction Surveillance Plans
• Assists with the administration of Third Party Verification Program o Consolidates and obtains alignment on Company position for assigned scope o Supports external reviews (if any) and administers follow up actions o Coordinates specification deviations that require Subject Matter Expert review and input
• Serves as interface between Project Team and Contractor
• Coordinates and facilitates meetings to resolve issues and enable Contractor to deliver in accordance with the Contract
• Administers and enforces Contract Requirements and Coordination Procedures o Reviews and endorses Changes (MOC's) for designated project component and following approval ensures the implementation of the Change
• Prepares Project correspondence related to allocated scope
• Ensures smooth transitions between Project stages (Engineering/Procurement to Fabrication to Installation/Construction and Commissioning)
• Heavily involved in interface and coordinating interfaces between components and stages and with other sites for specific area of responsibility
• Leads problem solving activities across Project sites
• Ensures coordination of external interfaces with other contractors
• Assists with handover planning from Project to Operations
• Leads PMT in applying Project Management Systems
• Participates in development on monthly progress reports and provides work status to Team Leader and/or PM
• Ensures Lessons Learned are effectively applied and captured
• Assists UAE Nationals in their development to take up lead roles within the organization.
• Bachelor of Science/Engineering degree from an accredited College or University
• 10-15 years of experience through multiple function and project assignments in engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities, or comparable project related experience in other functions/companies.
• Multi-discipline skill set
• Good understanding of Project management elements and standards including Contract terms and conditions
• Good knowledge of engineering, fabrication, construction, planning, resource allocation, Contract management and administrative functions.
• Prior experience of working with EPC Contractors / Operating Company / Engineering consultants
• Strong leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Excellent communication skill and ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
Computer Literate i.e. proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs.