Applies developing business process and project management skills within an area of business or technical specialty. Manages small portions of well defined projects. Provides administrative and logistics support for a project team and project manager.
Serves as a resource on projects and work assignments; employs basic knowledge of effective project management and general business understanding.
Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
Assists with budget planning and tracking, research, and analytical support; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
Assists with managing project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk.
Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other experiences to enhance the success of the project.
Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Manager on status of specific projects and assignments.
Day to day control of specific works and projects, including design considerations and co-ordination with suppliers, customers and other trades, witness tests etc.
Ensure operations comply with Health & Safety requirements and documentation regime.
Competent communication with customers, internal staff, suppliers & subcontractors.
Monitor costs and achieve financial performance allocated.
Maintain quality of workmanship and standards.
Meet customer expectation within the limit of contractual requirements.
Negotiate vendor sub orders, and monitor projects to ensure control over delivery, cost and quality.
Prepare, submit and obtain approvals
Review customer order specifications with the application engineers
Identification and costing of contract variations.
Maintain contract files (electronic & paper) up to date, in good order and accessible to Projects team.
Provide monthly reports for financial valuations.
Selection of suppliers & subcontractors etc on a contract to contract basis (competitive quotations).
Conduct site surveys as required.
Ensure Company Policy & Procedures are adhered to.
Other duties as defined by the Project Manager / Project Specialist
Engineering degree (preferably electrical)
• Technical discipline or proven track record (essential)
• Negotiation skills (optional)
• Good verbal and written skills (essential)
• Driving license (essential)
• Self discipline and ability to work without close supervision (essential)
• 5-6 years experience of project management within similar environment
• Experience in a role requiring co-ordination of multi-skills & services, ideally in a contracting or manufacturing environment
• Ability to solve problems and maintain deadlines and programs
• Experience of communication and negotiation with a wide range of other disciplines, trades and customers.
• Computer literate.
• Able to operate under pressure