The Project Engineer shall be responsible for supervision and project management of the Company’s Data Center, and any other building project of Main One, ensuring that all aspects of the project meet the required quality standards and are delivered on time and within approved budget. The Project Engineer will also manage vendors and contractors to ensure project integration in line with company’s business objectives.
Other responsibilities include:
· supervise the implementation of the Company’s data centers and other civil related projects of Main One.
· develop detailed project management plans for the data center and other assigned projects in line with Main One business objectives.
· define internal and external resource requirements for each projects, obtain relevant approvals and follow through on the procurement of the identified requirements.
· coordinate internal and external project resources for project execution, ensuring proper resource allocation in line with approved resource plan.
· schedule project timelines and ensure proper tracking of all aspects of projects in line with approved plan.
· provide direction and supports for projects and project team.
· ensure quality and control plans are followed by concerned stakeholders in the course of project execution.
· monitor and report on project progress, highlighting project issues and formulating appropriate action plans for resolution.
· review project risks from time to time and developing appropriate response plans towards mitigations of project risks.
· implement and manage project changes and interventions in line with approved change control procedure.
· present weekly, monthly and any periodic reports as may be required by the Head, Capital Projects or senior management.
· ensure documentations and secure archiving of all process assets of the company.
Will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the technical management of the core network including Technical Procurement.
A Bachelor degree in Engineering, (preferably Civil Engineering) and relevant professional qualifications/membership of professional bodies.
Experience in Data Center construction and electromechanical systems design.
Project Management Professional or other Project Management qualification, with experience in engineering construction environment.
· Excellent planning and organization skills.
· Excellent communication & presentation skills.
· Good Project Management skills.
· Proficiency in utilization of project management tools
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good knowledge of telecoms network quality standards and support infrastructure.
· Good negotiation and persuasive skills.