Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure that all work is done safely in accordance with company and project HSE procedures
- Ensure that the company IT policies are strictly adhered to
- Resolve reported hardware and software issues, ensuring minimum down time
- Assist in the education of users where reported issues are a result of a users lack of understanding
- Ensure that support issues are resolved promptly and users are fully informed when an issue cannot be resolved immediately.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor Helpdesk software for tickets assigned, process them based on priority and update on completion of work
- Resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction and communicate any reasons for lengthy resolution
- Escalate issues where required to the Helpdesk or appropriate section lead and follow up to ensure completion
- Install, test and configure new computers and peripherals with the standard company software and other applications as directed
- Perform hardware and software upgrades as required
- Monitor company systems to ensure user compliance with company policies and escalate issues found.
- Proactively liaise with end users, analyse any issues found and provide/recommend solutions.